Porcelain Veneers For Manhattan, NY
Tell Us: What's Holding You Back From Smiling?
This can all be fixed with porcelain veneers
What are porcelain veneers?
A veneer is a thin tooth-colored cover that bonds to the front of your teeth. It’s a very popular solution for our New York patients because of its incredible abilities to change the color and shape of your smile.
In other words, porcelain veneers at our Midtown Manhattan dental office can gift you the smile you’ve always dreamed of without missing a beat! It can correct almost any smile flaw, including:
What You Can Expect At Your Porcelain Veneers Appointment
Trust Your Smile With Midtown Dental Excellence For Cosmetic Dentistry
Actual Porcelain Veneers Case
An artistic touch with a scientific approach.
M.A., Actual Patient
- What types of problems can be fixed with dental veneers?Veneers fix a variety of dental problems ranging from cosmetic to improving teeth’s functionality. Teeth that are discolored, worn down, chipped or broken, misaligned or have gaps are all great qualifications for veneers.
- What is the procedure like for getting a dental veneer?A dental veneer usually requires three separate trips to the dentist, starting with a consultation where we will discuss the procedure in detail and your exact desires. At your next appointment, you undergo the prepping process. Finally, at your last dental visit, you get your veneers permanently cemented.
- What is the difference between a veneer and a crown?While both give coverage to existing tooth structure, a veneer does so by only covering the front aspect of the tooth, whereas a crown covers the tooth entirely. A veneer requires minimal tooth preparation and can be made with a variety of aesthetic materials to best suit your desires.
- What happens to my teeth after getting veneers? Will I get cavities?Your teeth’s integrity and structure are marginally compromised when veneers are placed on your teeth. Your veneers are insusceptible to cavities as long as you provide the proper care to your smile with regular flossing and brushing. Also, it’s a good idea to keep your sugar consumption low to prevent further decay.
- How long will my porcelain veneers last?Your veneers can last for a long time. The average timespan is seven to 20 years. While the veneer is inert, your teeth and surrounding gum tissue may change over time. This is why it’s important to keep up with your regular cleanings, brushing, and flossing to keep your smile healthy. The better your homecare and more frequent your trips are to the dentist for routine checkups, the longer they will last. If your veneer comes off, it can generally be rebonded.
- Do dental veneers require special care?Yes! It is essential to practice optimal homecare and professional routine dental cleanings on a consistent basis to keep your veneers looking and feeling beautiful for as long as possible. Our office has state-of-the-art technology and specific products, such as MyntSmile to help keep your veneers in great shape!
- If I have my upper teeth treated with porcelain veneers, will my lower teeth still be a different color, or more yellow? During your consultation, we will discuss these type of questions. Generally, patients go for teeth whitening for the lower teeth to ensure a good match.
- Do porcelain veneers stain with normal things like tea, coffee, and wine?Porcelain veneers never stain! However, your natural teeth do generally stain, and we recommend looking after them with regular hygiene and maintenance procedures.
- Are there alternatives to dental veneers?Yes, alternatives to veneers include bonding and crowns. Veneers offer an excellent intermediate option. Veneers are ideal if you want to change the shape of your teeth more than just a little bit – as is done with bonding – but not enough to require a crown.