FAQs About Teledentistry
1. What is teledentistry?
Teledentistry is a service that allows for dental consultations and evaluations via telecommunications technologies. A HIPPA Compliant portal allows for Video or Text Chat where you can communicate with a dentist directly.
2. What kind of services can be performed with Teledentistry?
Teledentistry can be used to assist in serving the oral health needs of patients who can not make it into the office.
3. What kind of equipment do I need to do a teledentistry consultation?
- A computer with internet access (& Webcam for Video Consultations)
- A Smart Phone with internet access (& Camera for Video Consultations)
4. Can a dentist diagnose via Teledentistry?
Yes. Cameras and technologies such as the transmission of high definition video and photos over the internet allows us to see your issue with clarity. It must be noted that not all cases are able to be diagnosed in this manner and an in-person visit may be required.
5. Can I be prescribed medication during a Teledentistry Consultation?
Yes. If our dentist is able to diagnose, an electronic prescription can be sent to your pharmacy.
6. Where can I have a Teledentistry consultation?
Teledentistry consultations can be held right in your home or office, basically from wherever you are.
7. Does my Insurance Cover Teledentistry?
Most insurance companies are changing their guidelines to allow for this service due to COVID-19. If you have active insurance, most consultations can be billed to your insurance company for reimbursement.